WILDLIFE AND COUNTRYSIDE ACT
1. Only Birds that are listed in schedule 3 part 1, schedule 4 and non schedule that have been bred in captivity may be competitively exhibited. Provided they are ringed in accordance with the regulations made by the secretary of state for the environment.
2.Birds must have been bred in captivity and ringed with a closed ring. A bird shall not be treated as bred in captivity unless its parents were lawfully in captivity when the egg from which it hatched was laid.
3. Only BBC, IOA, DOE, or COM rings will be accepted.
4. Anyone wishing to exhibit Schedule 3 part1 birds with COM rings must apply to the DOE for an INDIVIDUAL Licence to exhibit same. Copy to be sent to the Show Secretary with the entry form.
5. Anyone wishing to competitively exhibit Schedule 4 Hybrids eg. Crossbill Mule MUST apply to the DOE for an INDIVIDUAL Licence to exhibit the same. Copy to be sent to the Show Secretary with the entry form.
6. Any one exhibiting Non Schedule Species under Licence WLF 100094, will if requested by an Official of the DOE or a Police officer, make the bird available for a sample of blood to be taken. The blood sample will be taken by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon. Such a sample may be used to establish the Ancestry of the bird.